Welcome

Greetings Everyone!!!
I am starting this blog as a place for Gay men and women to come and read information about a variety of topics and issues. If you would like to be a guest author on my blog, please email me at CarlDinsmore@yahoo.com and tell me why you would like to post something on my blog. This is also a way for people in Cincinnati to get linked to social organizations that maybe they did not know existed. I will work hard on placing all sorts of information on the site, regarding Books, Medical updates, Causes that I deelpy care about, Gay vacation destinations, Gay Sports, and much, much more. Its also just a venue for you to share comments on postings, or share with me a cause or topic I could add to my site.
Last year was a very tough year for me, as I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, which is a form of depression mainly diagnosed in women, but more and more men are being diagnosed with this illness. So, look for information regarding borderline on the blog. Finally having a diagnosis regarding my depression was life saving. Coming through that crisis is what gave me the idea to create this blog.
But my number one goal for this site is the fact that it is time for unity in the gay community. Its time to STOP tearing each other down, but rather to build each other up. We are not all alike. We are different and these differences are what makes our world such a wonderful place to live. Please enjoy the site, and lets unite to make our world the best place it can be.

My favortie gay related qoute EVER!!!!

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.


Johann von Goethe

Another great night view of our City!

Another great night view of our City!
Cincinnati is simply beautiful....

News source for Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian community.

News source for Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian community.
The Greater Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian News!

Cincinnati's Freestore Foodbank

Cincinnati's Freestore Foodbank
Help this organization help those in need!

Cincinnatis Premier Gay & Lesbian Softball League

Cincinnatis Premier Gay & Lesbian Softball League
PLAY BALL!!!!!

Cincinnati's Gay & Lesbian Golf League

Cincinnati's Gay & Lesbian Golf League
FORE!!!!!!!

Cincinnati's Gay and Lesbian Volleyball Connection.

Cincinnati's Gay and Lesbian Volleyball Connection.
DIG, SET, SPIKE!!!

Cincinnati Rainbow Pride Tennis League

Cincinnati Rainbow Pride Tennis League
Cincinnatis Gay & Lesbian Tennis League

Friday, November 28, 2008

The outgoing President Bush....

The number one thing in our society today, that is ongoing, is the continued support for President Bush. After all the negative things he has done to our great nation, there are those who continue to respond in a manner which they reflect upon him as a great man, a brave man and a man who did great things for our country.

As of today, our country has lost the lives of 4,207 men and women who have been bravely fighting a war that we did not need to be involved in. There have been battles raging in middle eastern countries since 3000 B.C.. The question for me remains, " Have we accomplished anything from being over in Iraq for all these years ? " I personally can not see any facts that say we have made a difference over there.

I am tired of people who continue to support this war hiding behind the smokescreen of terrorism. Spreading fear is one of the oldest tactics in propaganda. How did Iraq and the others come to be?

"Iraq and other "Persian Gulf" countries were created following World War I as protectorates of Great Britain. They were carved out of Mesopotamia, formerly part of the Ottoman Empire. Iraq itself includes three major groups: Sunni Muslim Arabs in the center surrounding the capital of Baghdad, Kurds in the north and Shia Muslims in the south. About 15% of the population is Kurdish, 80% Arab. Some 60% are Shi'ite Arab Muslims like their neighbors in Iran, but they are Arabs, not Persians. There are also significant Assyrian and Turkomen minorities in the north. None of of these groups were given any national rights in the League of nations settlement. National and tribal disputes, as well as friction with Western powers trying to control Iraqi oil, have played a great part in Iraqi history." information comes from the website http://www.mideastweb.org/iraq.htm.

What happened on 9/11 was nothing short of a horror. It was a mass murder of thousands of people. I go back and forth thinking that President Bush knew about it before hand, and then I think he could not have known anything. How could anyone allow that to happen?? What changed my mind for the earlier is how Katrina was handled. I mean people dying in the streets right in front of other people. There is no excuses in this grand country that we are, and loudly claim to be at that, could have let that happen to the magnitude that it did, and the state of areas down there still today, years later. I can not imagine what a difference that would have been if those were white people all down there, suffering, starving and dying. The Tsunami at Christmas in 2004 was handled in a more timely manner than a catastrophe here in our own backyard.

So much has been handled wrong, and it has cost us lives. Thousands of lives. Someone explain to me how you can look back over the past 8 years of President Bush's reign and tell me or anyone that he did a great job.....In my opinion he will be going down in the history of the world as the worst president the United States of America has ever had.

No comments: