Welcome

Greetings Everyone!!!
I am starting this blog as a place for Gay men and women to come and read information about a variety of topics and issues. If you would like to be a guest author on my blog, please email me at CarlDinsmore@yahoo.com and tell me why you would like to post something on my blog. This is also a way for people in Cincinnati to get linked to social organizations that maybe they did not know existed. I will work hard on placing all sorts of information on the site, regarding Books, Medical updates, Causes that I deelpy care about, Gay vacation destinations, Gay Sports, and much, much more. Its also just a venue for you to share comments on postings, or share with me a cause or topic I could add to my site.
Last year was a very tough year for me, as I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, which is a form of depression mainly diagnosed in women, but more and more men are being diagnosed with this illness. So, look for information regarding borderline on the blog. Finally having a diagnosis regarding my depression was life saving. Coming through that crisis is what gave me the idea to create this blog.
But my number one goal for this site is the fact that it is time for unity in the gay community. Its time to STOP tearing each other down, but rather to build each other up. We are not all alike. We are different and these differences are what makes our world such a wonderful place to live. Please enjoy the site, and lets unite to make our world the best place it can be.

My favortie gay related qoute EVER!!!!

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.


Johann von Goethe

Another great night view of our City!

Another great night view of our City!
Cincinnati is simply beautiful....

News source for Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian community.

News source for Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian community.
The Greater Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian News!

Cincinnati's Freestore Foodbank

Cincinnati's Freestore Foodbank
Help this organization help those in need!

Cincinnatis Premier Gay & Lesbian Softball League

Cincinnatis Premier Gay & Lesbian Softball League
PLAY BALL!!!!!

Cincinnati's Gay & Lesbian Golf League

Cincinnati's Gay & Lesbian Golf League
FORE!!!!!!!

Cincinnati's Gay and Lesbian Volleyball Connection.

Cincinnati's Gay and Lesbian Volleyball Connection.
DIG, SET, SPIKE!!!

Cincinnati Rainbow Pride Tennis League

Cincinnati Rainbow Pride Tennis League
Cincinnatis Gay & Lesbian Tennis League

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thoughts on Love....

Is the topic of love one that has so many definitions as what it means to people.
My number one fear in my life is that I will die, never knowing what true love feels like. I want to know the love that my parents had for almost 55 years. The way it feels like you are so content being with the most wonderful person in the world.

Why are gays and lesbians infamous for jumping into relationships hard, and soon? I mean we know a couple who met on a Friday and moved in together my next Friday. Whats up with that? I personally think that it goes back that fear of being alone.

I will be 44 this year and it scares me a bit. 44 years old, gay, chubby, hairy, not wealthy, blah blah blah. Its like being 60 yrs old in gay years! Many men my age are on the constant look out for younger, more attractive men. In theroy I think its a way they are trying to stay young.

And what is the deal with these " open " relationships fella's? I do not understand two men in a relationship that claim to be happy in their open relationship. Are you kidding me? How can we look at this as ok for the gay relationship. If someone enjoyes the open relationship scene that much, then they need to take a long hard look at what they are not getting at home.

I just want to feel and experience real love just once before I die.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem pretty judgmental for someone who wants others to accept you for who you are. Why judge what works for other people just because you don't think it would work for you?

Carl said...

Having an opinion, and willing to discuss those opinions is far from being judgmental. I also think that these issues are brought on by society and our desperate need to be loved. I believe that many gay me have the same fear of never being loved, thus they dive into dead end relationships. Just my thoughts. Why be anonymous anyways? Just curious...

Anonymous said...

Well, can't people then have the opinion that they don't want to give overweight or conventionally good looking people a chance...or get to know them?

You often question why these people don't just give you a chance. Now when I question why you are judgmental of people who have open relationships (because for tham it might work), you explain it with, "just having an opinion."

You tune just seems a bit condescending and hypocritical.

Anonymous because that's how blogs go. If you don't want people to be able to post anonymously, you can choose that option with blogger. However, you probably won't get anyone to post.

Carl said...

I would be interested to know how old you are. Do you really NOT think that gay men are way too judgemental as far as who they talk to or give a chance to? There is no way that open relationships work, and if guys think they do they are just living a huge dilusion. LOL, and you think my tone sounds condescending? At least I am putting it out there and NOT hiding behind the label of anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I think you like to whine and whine about how people don't give you a chance and why people don't take time to get to know you. And then you go on and on and judge others...saying that guys who are in open relationsihps are "delisional"!!!

An open relationship would never work for me, but it's not my place (nor is it yours) to judge others...and then call them delusional because you disagree with them...that's not how to make friends.

Start looking at yourself more. Quit thinking that if only guys looked behind your exterior they would see what a wonderful guy you are. Actually, I don't think they would, which is the problem alltogether.

Carl said...

Have you even read all my posts? You seem to be focusing on one issue. I am not even talking about just myself. I have had countless conversations with others who feel similar regarding how the gay community is self absorbed, especially the younger portions of our community. I just would like to see us work together and not shut out people regarding criteria that do not matter.
I have been honest with my struggles with depression and my suicide attempts. Finally, after most of my life, I am actually happy and can look things differently. I totally understand though how you can have the opinion you do regarding myself. I read my profile post after I wrote it, and had to go back and insert that I do not mean to come across as " bitter " but its just how I see things and how I feel. Is that not also the purpose of blogs? I do appreciate and respect your opinion.