Welcome

Greetings Everyone!!!
I am starting this blog as a place for Gay men and women to come and read information about a variety of topics and issues. If you would like to be a guest author on my blog, please email me at CarlDinsmore@yahoo.com and tell me why you would like to post something on my blog. This is also a way for people in Cincinnati to get linked to social organizations that maybe they did not know existed. I will work hard on placing all sorts of information on the site, regarding Books, Medical updates, Causes that I deelpy care about, Gay vacation destinations, Gay Sports, and much, much more. Its also just a venue for you to share comments on postings, or share with me a cause or topic I could add to my site.
Last year was a very tough year for me, as I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, which is a form of depression mainly diagnosed in women, but more and more men are being diagnosed with this illness. So, look for information regarding borderline on the blog. Finally having a diagnosis regarding my depression was life saving. Coming through that crisis is what gave me the idea to create this blog.
But my number one goal for this site is the fact that it is time for unity in the gay community. Its time to STOP tearing each other down, but rather to build each other up. We are not all alike. We are different and these differences are what makes our world such a wonderful place to live. Please enjoy the site, and lets unite to make our world the best place it can be.

My favortie gay related qoute EVER!!!!

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.


Johann von Goethe

Another great night view of our City!

Another great night view of our City!
Cincinnati is simply beautiful....

News source for Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian community.

News source for Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian community.
The Greater Cincinnati Gay and Lesbian News!

Cincinnati's Freestore Foodbank

Cincinnati's Freestore Foodbank
Help this organization help those in need!

Cincinnatis Premier Gay & Lesbian Softball League

Cincinnatis Premier Gay & Lesbian Softball League
PLAY BALL!!!!!

Cincinnati's Gay & Lesbian Golf League

Cincinnati's Gay & Lesbian Golf League
FORE!!!!!!!

Cincinnati's Gay and Lesbian Volleyball Connection.

Cincinnati's Gay and Lesbian Volleyball Connection.
DIG, SET, SPIKE!!!

Cincinnati Rainbow Pride Tennis League

Cincinnati Rainbow Pride Tennis League
Cincinnatis Gay & Lesbian Tennis League

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Prayers For Bobby.....

I watched the movie Prayers For Bobby, and I was totally blown away. Although we have all heard such stories this one for me really him close to home. My family was never religious in any way but when I was in Jr. High school I was exposed to a pentecostal church through some friends of mine. It was great to just be around kids my own age and to do things together via the youth group each and every week. I felt safe and accpeted there and I really enjoyed it for many years. During that time I was coming to grasp with the fact that I was gay. The conflicts that came within myself during those years was crippling. I knew deep, deep down in my heart and soul that I was not making these feeling ups or neither was I choosing to feel this way. One summer at church camp I even went as far as having the hugest crush on my groups male counselor. Then the conflicts came with the messeges that were being preached to us on a regular basis. Being and feeling as I was, was nothing more than a one way ticket to hell. I spent countless hours praying and crying for these gay feelings to be taken away from me so that I could be normal. You were always hearing in sermons that God answers prayer and if you have enough faith he would then answer prayer. I could not have been any more sincere in my efforts at that age. I remember constant times of thinking of killing myself because that inner battle that was going on in my mind was wearing me out physically and emotionally. Why would God not answer my prayers and heal me of these horrible thoughts of being with other men? It had to have been something that I was doing wrong, or I was not worthy of Gods love and mercy.
Finally, and I am not sure what happened to get me to that point, but I stopped beating myself up about it and just accepted it and gave up the church and my youth group that I loved so much. To this very day I have anger at God and I have a hard time with religion in any means. If there is a God, how could he let SO MANY misdirected youth and young adults wander adrift in doubt about who they are? In that question is where my problems with God lie. I just does not make any sense. The youth and young adults in the world need to be taught that they are special and nothing is wrong with them if they are realizing that they are homosexual. They are worthy of life and much love.

No comments: